Jackson, MS 39216
- Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Cuisine: Burgers and Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt
- Meals Served: Breakfast, Dinner, and Lunch
- Price Range: $ (Under $9)
- Restaurant Style: Diner
- Dress Code: Anything Goes
- Smoking: No
It’s part of Fondren lore. Since 1946, generations have spent their well-earned nickels (okay, quarters) on a milkshake or griddle-cooked cheeseburger or fresh-squeezed limeade at Brent’s Drugs. Now drug-free (but, in a nod to history, they kept the name), local attorney/new owner Brad Reeves has breathed new life into the place. They’ve still got some of the tastiest lunches in town, plus a nice and unique gift selection. It’s a welcome dose of tradition amidst the dizzying pace of development in Jackson.